The Native Pony Jubilee Show
SCHEDULES ARE NOW *LIVE*
Welcome to Native Pony Sou’West
This website is an ongoing project dedicated to providing you with the latest information, news and results from the native pony community in the South West. We aim to maintain this website as often as possible to ensure that the information we provide is fresh and up to date, making this your first stop for all things hairy!
*****Follow us on Twitter @NativePonySW or like us or become our friend on Facebook at Native Pony Sou’West*****
- Schedules are now live for the Native Pony Jubilee Show: the main NPSW show of the year! The place to be….
- To satisfy the requests of some of our users, we’ve done a Royal Windsor M&M Round Up!
- REPORT: Exmoor Pony Society’s Devon Area Show
- Confused by which shows have been affected by the weather or virus outbreak? Look here!
- **REPORT FROM CORNWALL TREC OPEN SHOW** The first NPSW affiliated show of 2013!
- Schedule is available for the Exmoor Pony Society Devon Area Show
- Schedules are available to download for the NPS Area 10 Spring Show.
- NPS Area 26 Showing Clinic with Mathew Lawrence
- The Team Please February Blog
- Molly’s February Blog has landed!
- A report for the presentation evening & meal and the results of the performance & in-hand awards.
- NPSW Membership for 2013 is launched!
- NPS Area 26 schedule is live.
- Schedule available for Cornwall TREC Show with NPSW M&M Classes!!!
- A new profile for Llannor Two Rivers.
- Confused about showing memberships? Click here for help!
- We give a warm welcome to our new bloggers for 2013, The Please Family!
- We look back over 2012…
All adverts are totally free for members (£3 for non-members) so if you wish to list a stallion, business or place a pony for sale, just e-mail the information to me on email@example.com. Native Pony Sou’West cannot be held responsible for the accuracy of any adverts that are posted on this website.
The South West boasts a massive base of native pony enthusiasts. There are a wide number of local native societies; some are breed specific, others cover a certain area and we also have areas of national societies represented. Links to some of the area websites can be found at the bottom of this page. There are many top studs based in the West Country which have had great success in the show ring qualifying for HOYS and Olympia, reaching record prices in national sales, shown amazing abilities performing in disciplines such as dressage and driving trials at an international level – proving the quality of ponies that can be found here.
The very best of our native ponies are showcased at our county shows every year. Royal Cornwall, Devon County, Royal Bath & West, Dorset County all have spectacular performances from our native ponies in-hand, under saddle and usually in harness too!
The NPSW Team; Beansy & Magpie
The NPSW duo have gone from strength to strength with reports being published from our site by national magazines such as The Native Pony Magazine, Equestrian Life South West and Showing World. Our very own ‘Magpie’ has also been reporting for many other publications including Horse & Hound and Western Morning News. We do it because we love our native ponies and wish to provide a space where like-minded people can get local information about our ponies and the people around them. We also encourage enthusiasts to share their news and views by commenting on posts here, e-mailing us or joining in the discussion on our Facebook pages! We also have a monthly feature in the Equestrian Life Magazine where we do a round up of events and a selection of articles and always happy to include your news!
If you have any stories, news or useful information you would like to share, please feel free to contact us!
Links to South West Societies & Groups
Devon & Cornwall Horse & Pony Association – http://www.devonandcornwallhorseandponyassociation.co.uk/
NPS Area 10 (Devon) - http://www.nationalponysociety.org.uk/index.php/cms/Area10
NPS Area 24 (Wessex) - http://npsarea24.co.uk/
NPS Area 25 (Avon & Somerset) – http://www.npsarea25.co.uk/
NPS Area 26 (Cornwall) – http://www.npsarea26.webs.com/
South Western Association of Welsh Pony & Cob Society – http://www.swawpcs.com
South West Shetland Pony Group – http://www.swshetlandponygroup.co.uk
Copyright © 2006-2013 Native Pony Sou’West. No material from ANYWHERE on this site may be reproduced in part or full without written consent from the site owner.